[Media] 8.04 Servers - Wikipedia

Thorny thorntreehome at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 10:44:20 UTC 2008

On Fri, 17 Oct 2008 10:36:05 +1000, Res wrote:

> On Fri, 17 Oct 2008, Mario Vukelic wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 2008-10-17 at 09:06 +1000, Res wrote:
>>> My time is precious, I spend little time on lists, when someone long
>>> winds I tend not to do any more then a high-speed skim, if I read it at
>>> all...
>>
>> Ah, you prefer wild claims without backing them up. Yeah, that's a very
>> productive mode of conversation
>
> I can back up what I need to, the fact  it happens, is good enough for me,
> not my problem if its acceptable to you to have an occasional F-up like
> debian/ubuntu recently had, you are completely nieve to think its the only
> one.

Yes, and conspiracy theories abound about things in all walks of life.
Doesn't make them true.

I understand what you are saying but what would you say to me if I
said I'm right and I don't need to prove it? I've read enough of your
posts to guess at the answer to that. In technical discussions, it's
fairly common for people to provide supporting data, especially when asked
or if someone disagrees. At least it is in a situation of mutual respect.
I'm somewhat surprised that you expect to be taken seriously while
admitting you don't read the posts of others carefully before you reply.
Why would anyone want to discuss anything with someone who isn't listening?

[Res]> Its like a drunk driver, just because he/she gets caught once,
doesnt mean
> its the only time they have drove whilst drunk.

Well, yeah, I follow your logic again. Likewise, Just because they don't
get caught also doesn't mean they weren't drunk.