linux-image-2.6.27-7-generic: ipw2200 module using 100% cpu

Øyvind Stegard oyvinst at ifi.uio.no
Tue Oct 14 06:56:14 UTC 2008

sø., 12.10.2008 kl. 21.14 -0400, skrev Moses Moore:
<snip>
> Now I've got 100% cpu usage, and the top consumer is process
> [ipw2200/0], a kernel module.
<snip>

Ouch, that's a nasty one. IIRC, this module has had similar problems in
the past, and I remember temporarily fixing it by removing and
re-inserting the module. I've got a laptop that has this wireless card,
but I haven't upgraded to Intrepid, yet (works fine in Hardy).

Has a bug been filed for this problem ? If so, what's the bug number at
Launchpad ?

Regards,
Øyvind
--