A bootable CD but no bootable CDreader . How can I do.

Philippe Didier pdidier at neptuneconcept.com
Thu Oct 9 10:03:43 UTC 2008

Neil wrote:
> Hi
>
> It is possible to boot from USB. I just posted it to this list a
> couple of days ago:
>
> .../... my USB key here is only 256 Mb. Of course I can buy a 4 Gb one, but I am really not sure this old PC and BIOS could boot on USB...
>
> In that same thread Anthony M. Rasat posted:
>
>> You may want to check out Unetbootin, http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/
>> Yes, it almost as simple as just loading the iso file to Unetbootin and
>> let it do the rest.
I read about Unetbootin. I am just not sure about 2 things :
1 - he can use a CD after the first Reboot ... (my Hardy CD)
2 - the installation is a real one and not only a Live one (not
persistent). I have to read more, but this does not look quite clear for
me ,...

Thanks a lot for the direction given Neil, I will look further,

Philippe

448