Getting Ubuntu To Install

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Thu Oct 9 05:04:28 UTC 2008

Tommy & Joyce wrote:
> I have downloaded the Ubuntu and cannot seem to get it installed or
> running..Can someone please tell me the secret of how to get this
> program working??

I'm not sure where the problem is, so here are some URLs which might help:

<https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation>
<https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BurningIsoHowto>

Before you start the installation make a backup of your important data. If
you are running Windows now, I would suggest you install Ubuntu within
Windows because then you don't have to make space for a new partition.
That will install Ubuntu to a file within your Windows partition. To do
that, insert the CD while you have Windows running. The CD will
automatically start the installation program.

If you still have troubles, please tell us which Ubuntu version you are
trying to install.

Nils