how to burn DVD5 movie onto DVD9, (help me urgently)

David Fox dfox94085 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 04:55:05 UTC 2008

On Sun, Oct 5, 2008 at 9:45 PM, Nay Myo Win <rim.riaz at gmail.com> wrote:
> are you with me??

I see where you are going.

> I m wondering whether i can do like that in DVD. so that i can extract
> movies from DVD 5 and save on to Harddrive and burn  selected movie files on
> DVD9 when i need.

Rip the DVD9s using something like k9copy to save the movies - minus
any title stuff, dvd previews, other stuff, and that can be used to
save to mp4.

Use tovid (tovid.sourceforge.net) to transcode the mp4 movies to
mpeg-2 (for dvd). You can use various quality and fit settings to
control how much room is taken up by the mpegs - so you might be able
to fit 2 or 3 movies on a single dvd-5 depending on how much quality
you want to give up. But remember that this process is lossy, and you
will lose some format. But on a non-high definition TV it really
doesn't matter too much.

Then you can reauthor the dvd using tovid tools (makemenu, makexml, makedvd).

I've used this tool extensively, not for trying to cram two movies off
of dvds as you are doing, but to master TV show avi's and other movies
on to DVDs.

> the thing is it will play track by track.

Sure, you can group the mpegs together so that they automatically go
from one movie or the other, or you can select the title from a menu
screen - simple or as complicated as you want.