how to burn DVD5 movie onto DVD9, (help me urgently)

Nay Myo Win rim.riaz at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 04:45:46 UTC 2008

thanks David, for your sincere reply.

please let me tell you my idea of Burning that in compared to VCD disc.

in one VCD movie, there are several folders inside.

*VCD, MPEGV, Pictures and other folders.*
if we want to get movie file, we can get .dat files from MPEGV folders.

and we can save them to Hard disk.

by using that way, we can  take any vcd movie files from any VCD discs. and
if i want to make one VCD selection buring.

For example, in windows, Nero burning rom, we can burn these selected .dat
files into Video-CD format. and Nero will create VCD format automatically
and it puts that .dat files onto CD's MPEGV folder automatically after
burning with that format.

*are you with me??*

*I m wondering whether i can do like that in DVD. so that i can extract
movies from DVD 5 and save on to Harddrive and burn  selected movie files on
DVD9 when i need.

the thing is it will play track by track.
i dont need DVD title menu.

so what should I do?? can anyone suggest me??

thanks for your patience!!

*

> Message: 2
> Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 10:37:43 +0630
> From: "Nay Myo Win" <rim.riaz at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: how to burn DVD5 movie onto DVD9, (help me urgently)
> To: ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com
>

>  I have DVDmoive on DVD5. actually u know, on DVD, there is only two
> folders
> for Video.
> Audio_TS and Video_TS.
>
> so if i wanna put two of my DVD5 movies onto DVD9 and BUrn them as Movie
> format. what do we do??.
>

> *let me tell you more clearly.
>
> there may be videos which comes with DVD5 and DVD9 , ok??
>
> i have blank DVD9s in hand now.
>
> I have DVD5 movies in hand now.*
>
> *so *, *i would like to burn DVD5 movies* on to *my Blank DVD9s Discs as
> DVD
> movie format. that means inside which has Audio_Ts and Video TS folders
> like
> the DVD movies disc's known  format. and i should be able to see more
> videos
> in my new DVD9 Disc.
>
> ok??
> *
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 3
> Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 21:24:05 -0700
> From: "David Fox" <dfox94085 at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: how to burn DVD5 movie onto DVD9, (help me urgently)
> To: "Ubuntu user technical support,     not for general discussions"
>        <ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com>
>
> On Thu, Oct 2, 2008 at 9:07 PM, Nay Myo Win <rim.riaz at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > let me tell you more clearly.
> >
> > there may be videos which comes with DVD5 and DVD9 , ok??
> >
> > i have blank DVD9s in hand now.
>
> It's not that simple. The video and other files that are on a dvd are
> tailored just for that disc and you can't easily mix and match files
> from other dvds. Sure you can make a ata dvd containing different
> video avis or other files, but it's not the same thing as making a dvd
> that you can watch on a consumer grade dvd player, which is what
> you're expecting to do.
>
> Second, 2xDVD5 = more space than you'll be able to put on a DVD9. So
> if you're thinking of being able to take vobs off of 2 different DVD
> sources and maybe combine them on to a DVD9, you'll run out of space,
> and the menu and other structures (these are files other than the *VOB
> files (which are the movie proper) on the disc will just get majorly
> confused.
>
> What you can do is use k9copy or other programs to rip from the DVD
> the vobs of the movie, and use something like tovid to write
> dvd-compliant mpeg to something you can burn, minus all the menus and
> other stuff, if you just want to see if you can cram 2 movies onto 1
> dvd-9 when the content is not going to be as good as the original DVD5
> was.
>
> Use the DVD9 for what it was intended, to make good backups of movies
> [...]
Nay Myo