question about two items: a gnome programfor cron and a encoder for mp3 to ogg

Mario Vukelic mario.vukelic at dantian.org
Tue Oct 7 19:49:22 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-10-07 at 13:52 -0500, Scott Berry wrote:
> 	Hello there,
>
> I am wondering if there is a gnome interface to cron?  I just can't seem
> to get the command line down for cron so I was thinking that a gnome
> interface might work better for me.

gcrontab might be an option, but it is in the universe repository (.e.,
not supported) and I can't vouch for it. It's pretty old and juding from
freshmeat.net info might be unmaintained.

See here: http://www.arquired.es/users/aldelgado/proy/gcrontab/
You can install the Ubuntu package with your favority package management
tool.

> Alo is ther an encoder that's good to use for converting mp3 in to ogg?
> I also hope that if it is good it has the KBPS as I like to encode my
> files at 96KBPS.  Thanks very much for the help.  I am using Intrepid.

Install soundconverter. To get mp3 conversion going you _might_ have to
follow [1], but try it out first.

[1] https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RestrictedFormats/MP3