Problems installing software and/or updates. Heron version 8.04

Jayson Rowe jayson.rowe at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 02:40:52 UTC 2008

On Sun, 5 Oct 2008, Glenn wrote:

> Hello friends,
>
> When trying to install software using "update manager" or "add/remove" I
> get the following error:
>
> E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'dpkg --configure -a" to
> correct the problem.
> E: _cache->open()failed, please report.
>
> Any help is much appreciated.

Hi Glenn,
Have you tried running the command suggested? Open a Terminal Window
(Applications -> Accessories -> Terminal) and typing "sudo dpkg
--configure -a" (without the quotes obviously)?

I hate to ask such an obvious question, but I want to make sure.

If you have run the command, did it give you any specific output? Have you
installed anything "outside the repos", i.e., have you downloaded any .deb
files from the web and installed them and/or installed anything from
source?

--
-jayson