On-line Audio/Video

Steven Davies-Morris sdavmor at systemstheory.net
Thu Oct 2 15:56:39 UTC 2008

Jason Drahos wrote:
> I am unable to play on-line audio or video. When I attempt to do so
> the page simply remains blank and my computer begins to run slowly.
> As far as I know I have downloaded all of the applications needed.
> Please help!

Jason,

That's very vague. We'll need more info from you to assist you. For
starters, what production release of Ubuntu (Kubuntu, Xubuntu, etc)
are you using? (i.e. 6.04/6.10/7.04/7.10/8.04). Or have you ventured
forward to the Intrepid Alpha test 8.10 release? Are you running 32 or
64 bit? What browser program/release are you using? And then then does
all online audio/video fail to run or just some? It may prove to be as
straightforward as getting some additional codecs from medibuntu, but
without knowing more about your setup, there's not much help anyone
can provide.
NP: Hawkwind "Hall Of The Mountain Grill"