Ubuntu laptops?

Anthony M. Rasat anthony.rasat at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 14:28:58 UTC 2008

>There's a great sale on Gateway's with >17" monitors going on today at Fry's >but, of course, it comes configured >with Vista.  Whatever make I buy I intend >to install Ubuntu on it.  I assume some >makes are easier to get up and running >than others.  Any experience / advice on >how to assess is much appreciated.

Many people seems to inclined to suggest Intel chipsets are easier to install on laptops. I tend to agree to that opinion as common problem are related to graphic and wireless drivers. Intel drivers usually supported out-of-the-box. I think I would suggest if it is Intel chipset laptop, you go for it.

--

Regards,

Anthony M. Rasat
Manager - Technical, Network and Support Division
PT. Jawa Pos National Network
Graha Pena Jawa Pos Group Building, 5th floor
Jln. Raya Kebayoran Lama 12, Jakarta Barat 12210
Indonesia.-
Phone 02132185562
Phone 081574217035
Fax 02153651465