Troubles watching NBC shows from thier website

Joep L. Blom jlblom at neuroweave.nl
Wed Oct 1 09:19:41 UTC 2008

steve schreef:

Steve,
Yes, I can use a 32-bit firefox, although I have never tried it and
actually don't want to explore how to. 64-bit processors are more than
18 years available. The first was the R4000 by Silicon Graphic
(internally 64-bit but a datapath of 32-bit), followed by the Sun Sparc
series in 1993. Both using Unix (SGI IRIX), in the beginning still the
32-bit version but soon a full-blown  64 bit version was available.
AMD anounced it's architecture in 2000 but the first processor arrived
in 2003. Intel was 2 years later.
Only because M$ couldn't/can't produce a (proper) 64-bit OS is Adobe not
interested in a 64-bit version. I don't want to succumb to arrogant
user-unfriendly policy of a software producer.
If I really need to I use W-XP in VirtualBox. But it is an idea to find
out how to run 32-bit Firefox in a 64-bit environment.
Thanks,
Joep