firefox performance

Eberhard Roloff tuxebi at gmx.de
Wed Oct 1 07:48:25 UTC 2008

Chaman Singh Verma wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am using firefox on my Ubuntu 64 bit. With the same Internet connection, I
> sometimes
> use Window Vista also. Here are some my observations
>
> 1.   The internet connection on Linux ( with Ubuntu) get frequently
> disconnected ( After
>       every 10-15 minutes).  This doesn't happen on Window Vista.
>
> 2.   The response time on Ubuntu is too slow compared to firefox on Vista.
>
> 3.   Broadband Speedtest on Window Vista is 1.5-2.0 times faster than on
> Ubuntu firefox.
>

> Perhaps there are some setting or configuration problems on my ubuntu
> machine.  Can
> someone help me to resolve them ?

I hope so.
Install wireshark on both windows and Ubuntu. Then do the very same
connection speed test on both systems, which you'll record with
wireshark. As the windows and Linux network traffic files are compatible
you should have no problem to compare and see, what's going on on either
side.

regards
Eberhard