VirtualBox on ubuntu 8.10 host, can't get USB working in, Windows XP guest, not permissions

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Sun Nov 30 00:04:52 UTC 2008

On 11/29/2008 01:10 PM, Bill Taylor wrote:
[snip]
>  2. I have yet to install SP3 on my guest system since I seldom use the
> XP for more than Solitaire and burning a picture to a CD with Nero.

For solitaire:

sudo apt-get install pysol pysol-cardsets

pysol-cardsets is 45Mbytes, you can leave off if you wish, but I think
you'll find it's worth the extra disk space. Plus, you can uninstall
pysol-cardsets and still leave the base pysol if you decide you don't
want the extra. You can even add sound if you wish (search pysol in
Synaptic)

You will then find pysol under Applications|Games.