Pkg Download Slowness

David Fox dfox94085 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 06:34:40 UTC 2008

On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 10:12 PM, Leonard Chatagnier
<lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>ddownloading apt-mirror but I don't think that's the best way to find a fast mirror. Anyone have any >suggestions on a fast mirror for my location. I on a dsl pro broadband, BTW and it's almost as slow

No, that is the wrong tool for the job. apt-mirror is an effective way
to mirror a distribution, not a tool to find the fast mirror.

A selection of ubuntu mirrors listed with connection speed/bandwidth
and uptodateness is at https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+archivemirrors

Or you could use us.archive.ubuntu.com. That may point to a number of
partner mirrors (so you aren't downloading all the time from the same
physical site). That's the way it is in debian land.