No subject

Mark Haney mhaney at ercbroadband.org
Tue Nov 25 21:49:19 UTC 2008

Frank McCormick wrote:
> Mark Haney wrote:
>> Allan White wrote:
>>> How do I format a floppy disk in Ubuntu 8.10
>>>
>>> Why does not my music CD automatically play when I put it in the drive.
>>>
>>> Please can I have any answers in plain language use the gui interface,
>>> I do not understand the terminal and do not want to learn.
>>>
>> AFAIK, you are out of luck with the first one.  The only way I know to
>> format a floppy is from the command line.  There may be a GUI option,
>> but I"m not aware of one, only because I've never needed to use one.
>

>   How about gfloppy ?

How about it?  I don't run GNOME and haven't in years.  Personally, I
prefer the CLI for things like that.  Comes from the early days where X
was buggy and so were the GUIs.

>> I can't understand why you'd want to use a *nix OS and not want to learn
>> command line.  It's almost impossible to NOT learn command line in Linux.
>>

>   The ONLY command line app I use is midnight commander because I can
> get around in it MUCH faster than in Nautilus.

I run KDE for browsing and mail, everything I do from the command line.
  I have 8 to 10 terminals running (yakuake is your friend) at any given
time.

quadraturae circuli

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415

Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support