how NOT to have "landscape" related message when log in SSH

Steve Flynn anothermindbomb at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 17:25:32 UTC 2008

On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 4:58 PM, Soo-Hyun Choi <s.choi at hackers.org.uk> wrote:

>>     Please do not top-post.
>
> Well, everyone has its own posting style. If you don't prefer
> so-called "top-post", then that's fine, but you cannot force your
> style to the others.

This list doesn't enforce any particular posting style on anyone, but
many people here don't bother to read top posted replies or overly
quoted material - it's gets binned automatically. By not top-posting
and trmming replies down to sensible levels you're probably exposing
your question to a wider audience. Entirely your choice of course.

>>     As for your problem, I guess you'll have to hack in the python scripts
>>  that create those messages. Start from the motd link and work your
>>  way in /usr/share/python-whatever...
>
> This is what everyone knows already. I am asking how.

Grep for the message which is being inserted into motd. Edit the
Python... find the line which injects the text and comment it out.

I'd give you a precise filename and location but i'm not at an Ubunut
machine.. however, I suspect you'll be able to locate it quite easily
and it should be quite straightforward to comment it out. If you wish,
once you've found the code in question, post it here and I'll give you
a modification for it.

--
Steve

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0