Problem with DVB (/dev/.static/dev read-only)

Samuel Korpi strontianite at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 18:05:56 UTC 2008

Hi,

I have installed kubuntu 8.10 and trying to get my Nebula PCI DVB card
working with mythtv on that environment. Now the problem is that my
DVB card is not recognized, and apparently this issue can be traced to
/dev/.static/dev/ being read-only for some reason. Due to this, some
packages e.g. dvb-utils fails to install properly and the dvb device
is missing.

Bug #253786 on bugs.launchpad.net and Bug #481559 on bugs.debian.org
seem to describe the same issue. Has anybody who maybe has had the
same issue found a way around it?

BR,

Samuel

--