dialup modem

John Heinen hensandpat at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 24 23:07:47 UTC 2008

Brian McKee wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 23, 2008 at 1:20 PM, John Heinen <hensandpat at earthlink.net> wrote:
>
>> I hope that I don't mess up on the string but I don't know how else to
>> insert this, whenever I try to work through the kppp setup I get this
>> message
>> /etc/resolve/.config is missing or can't be read. John
>>

> Perhaps you mean /etc/resolv.conf?
>
> I suspect so. We need to see if that file exists, what it's
> permissions are, and what's in it.
>
> You could use Konqueror, but I'll give you terminal instructions as
> they are easier to type.
>
> Alt-F2, type konsole
> At the prompt, type
>   ls -ahl /etc/resolv.conf
> Please write down carefully the output.  It should look like this
>   -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 51 2008-11-22 15:26 /etc/resolv.conf
>
> If it does look like that, type
>   cat /etc/resolv.conf
> so we can see what's in it.
>
> Brian

Sorry  Brian I got called away. Well strange things are happening. but I
might have an explanation. when I type     ls -ahl
/etc/resolv.conf         I get the  same message now "No such file"
Possiible explanation:  First I installed kubuntu 7.10, than I installed
ubuntu  8.04 over kubuntu  because  it has a better chessgame on it.but
on start up it indicates kubuntu?
So maybe I better get a latter issue of ubuntu, any suggestion for the
best issue? John