ORCA and network (was: no subject)

Chris Mohler cr33dog at gmail.com
Sun Nov 23 20:58:20 UTC 2008

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 12:36 PM, ashley cox <ash.cox at talktalk.net> wrote:
>     Hi,
>
> My name is ashley cox from exmouth in Devon, and i am visually impaired. I
> am using Orca in Ubuntu. However, when i have been using it for about 15
> minutes, Orca and Ubuntu freez and i can't do anything, and i have to crash
> the computer and start all over again. The other problem i am having, is it
> won't connect to the internet. I am using Ubuntu on a laptop, with a lan and
> wireless connection, and i have tried both.

Hi Ashley,

Since the machine has no network connection, you have not been able to
do any updates?  If so, you might want to  focus on getting networking
up and running - then hopefully an updated version of Orca will work
better.

It seems strange that both wireless and wired would not be working -
please give us some more details on what you've tried so far.  Do you
know what kind of wireless card you are using?  How is your network
set up  - modem, router, etc.?