8.10: SiS AC'97 soundcard no longer detected

Leonard Chatagnier lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Nov 23 19:31:26 UTC 2008

--- On Sun, 11/23/08, David M <lists2008 at trancepod.netmx.co.uk> wrote: If I
> double-click on it
> (or choose "Open Volume Control" from its
> context-menu), I get an error
> requester saying "No volume control GStreamer plugins
> and/or devices
> found".
> Thanks,

Your post seems to have been kicked around back and forth without a total solution for you. This may not do it either but may be worth a try. Do and aptitude search for gstreamer plugins and gstreamer0.10 plugins and be sure you have the base, good, bad, ugly and ugly-multiverse gstreamer0.10 plugins installed and also gstreamer0.10-alsa. Look the list over closely and install any that seem warranted for your system and card. This may not solve your problem but shouldn't hurt anything as I have them all installed on Hardy and have no sound issues with my all nvidia MB. YMMV.
Leonard Chatagnier
lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net