Incorrect size message when trying to update hplip, hpijs and hplip-data

Mario Vukelic mario.vukelic at dantian.org
Sat Nov 22 10:20:00 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-11-20 at 19:13 +0100, Christian Johansson wrote:

> I'm using Ubuntu 7.10 and I have received update messages for the
> three packets hplip, hpijs and hplip-data in the Update Manager.
> However, when trying to download and install the updates, I get errors
> about incorrect size.

There is a similar thread already active, but as of yet unresolved --
there were complications in the other case. Your post made me now google
for the bug report, and here it is:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/hplip/+bug/300648 (not yet resolved). You can
subscribe yourself to the bug to be notified of changes, and you can
change "This bug doesn't affect me" to "affects me too" to let the
developers know that several (many) people are affected by this)