Dual Screen Mode

Greg Lindstrom greg.lindstrom at novasyshealth.com
Fri Nov 21 12:54:23 UTC 2008

>/ Hello,
/>/ I am trying to configure my computer for dual screens,  I have looked at
/>/ this article on the Ubuntu wiki and have tried various changes to my
/>/ /etc/X11/xorg.conf file but now I have both screens in "low resolution" mode
/>/ and I am stumped.  If anyone can help me out I would be grateful.
/>/ I am running a Dell Dimension 2400 and I'm running Ubuntu 8.04 with 2
/>/ Hanns-G JC199A monitors.
/>/ Thanks,
/>/ Greg Lindstrom
/>/ Little Rock, AR
/>/ --
/>/ ubuntu-users mailing list
/>/ ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com <https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users>
/>/ Modify settings or unsubscribe at:

Could you please post your xorg.conf?

This is my effort after reading various posts off the wiki.  Thanks for
looking at it.

# xorg.conf (X.Org X Window System server configuration file)
# This file was generated by dexconf, the Debian X Configuration tool, using
# values from the debconf database.
# Edit this file with caution, and see the xorg.conf manual page.
# (Type "man xorg.conf" at the shell prompt.)
# This file is automatically updated on xserver-xorg package upgrades *only*
# if it has not been modified since the last upgrade of the xserver-xorg
# package.
# Note that some configuration settings that could be done previously
# in this file, now are automatically configured by the server and settings
# here are ignored.
# If you have edited this file but would like it to be automatically updated
# again, run the following command:
#   sudo dpkg-reconfigure -phigh xserver-xorg

Section "Device"
    Identifier    "Configured Video Device"

Section "Device"
    Identifier    "Radeon RV100 QY"
    Driver        "ati"
    BusID        "PCI:1:4:0"
    Option        "Monitor-VGA-0" "Left Monitor"
    Option        "Monitor-VGA-0" "Right Monitor"

Section "Monitor"
    Identifier    "Left Monitor"
    Option        "DPMS"

Section "Monitor"