OO.o CALC SUM() GIVES WRONG ANSWER

Leonard Chatagnier lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Nov 20 05:36:41 UTC 2008

--- On Wed, 11/19/08, CLIFFORD ILKAY <clifford_ilkay at dinamis.com> wrote:

> From: CLIFFORD ILKAY <clifford_ilkay at dinamis.com>
> Subject: Re: OO.o CALC SUM() GIVES WRONG ANSWER
> To: "Ubuntu user technical support, not for general discussions" <ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com>
> Date: Wednesday, November 19, 2008, 10:48 PM
> Leonard Chatagnier wrote:
> > However, NoOp just pointed out that my TI calculator
> needs a battery as he verified the sum() was c
snip
> That seems an odd failure mode for a low battery condition.
> Anyway, you
> already have a high-precision calculator installed that you
> might not be
> aware of, Python. Just type "python" at a shell
> and you'll be at a
> Python shell prompt where you can enter expressions
> directly. Better
> yet, apt-get install ipython and you'll be able to save
> the session to
> play back later, if you wish.
Never used python before but gave it a try. Couldn't figure out the syntax(tried separating list with commas and with + sign) even after reading the manual and after typing sum at the python prompt. Looks like something that you need to know what you are doing and I don't. It was a new experience, however.  Thanks.
> --
> Regards,

Leonard Chatagnier
lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net