Man pages lack

Thomas Kaiser ubuntu at kaiser-linux.li
Tue Nov 18 20:46:24 UTC 2008

Jesse Brent Coats wrote:
> I seem to remember that on other distributions of linux I have used that
> the C standard library was documented in man pages.  I could enter "man
> fprintf" at the system prompt, and a man page would be presented.  Is
> there an easy way to install said pages on my hardy system.

An other one:
thomas at AMD64:~$ apt-cache search libc-doc
manpages-dev - Manual pages about using GNU/Linux for development
dietlibc-doc - diet libc documentation - a libc optimized for small size
manpages-de-dev - German development manpages
manpages-fr-dev - French version of the development manual pages
manpages-pl-dev - Polish man pages for developers
glibc-doc - GNU C Library: Documentation

Thomas