Need to install Ubuntu via USB

Scott slewin at bmts.com
Mon Nov 17 03:36:38 UTC 2008

NoOp wrote:
>> I was able to boot Ubuntu 8.10, but the Dell wireless card does not work
>> with 8.10.
>
> So, apparently you _were_ able to install 8.10 via the USB stick,
Yes, that is correct.  That is what is running on the computer now.

> the only issue was the wireless card?  If so, why not load 8.10 back on
> and then post (in a separate thread) the details of the laptop, wireless
> card, & all the requsite info (ifconfig, iwconfig, drivers being used
> etc., etc)?
I did that on this list, but did not get any replies.  I also asked on
the forum without any luck.  I have searched the wiki, google, and the
forum and tried everything I found and still have not been able to get
the wireless functioning.

At this moment I have given up on trying to install something else.  I
am going to search some more on the wireless problem and look into
either getting the CD drive fixed or adding in a external CD drive.

> These might be of some help before posting back:
>
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WifiDocs
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WifiDocs/WiFiTroubleshooting
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WifiDocs/WiFiTroubleshooting
> <http://www.google.com/search?complete=0&hl=en&q=ubuntu+%2Bintrepid+%2Bwifi&btnG=Search>
Thanks for the info.

--
Your friend,
Scott

Sent to you from a Linux computer using Ubuntu Version 8.10