easiest way to change my locale?

H.S. hs.samix at gmail.com
Sun Nov 16 07:09:09 UTC 2008

NoOp wrote:
> On 11/14/2008 08:34 PM, H.S. wrote:
>> Marius Gedminas wrote:
>>> There's an option to select your language in the login screen (gdm).  It
>>> actually selects the locale.
>>>
>>> Marius Gedminas
>>>
>> Thanks for that info. However, once a user has selected a locale, how
>> does the user then do I just change the time format or any other
>> particular aspect of the locale?
>>

> These may help:
>
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/LocaleConf
> and read this thread:
> http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.ubuntu.user/151481
> you'll find good info from sktsee about 3/4 the way down the thread.

Yes, that is helpful, somewhat. Alas, it appears that there is no easy
GUI way to let a user choose these kind of options. Any plans in Ubuntu
to get this feature, if anybody knows?

Also, as I was reading the thread you mentioned, from a user interface
point of view (since Ubuntu is trying to be a very GUI friendly distro
and wants to present a polished interface to a potentially average Joe
user), seeing different formats of time in different applications
appears to show lack of polish. Just my 2 cents.

Note that I do realize that these options can be changed by some
commands on command line (perhaps by using sudo).

Regards.

ever having been read.