Netbook remix vs Ubuntu mobile edition vs regular ol Ubuntu

Brian McKee brian.mckee at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 16:35:11 UTC 2008

Can someone comment on what exactly the Ubuntu Mobile edition would
give a netbook owner?

I've got an Acer Aspire One here that's dying to be relieved of it's
Windows install, and originally I figured on Hardy with the packages
from the Netbook remix.  Now I see this 'Mobile Edition' of Intrepid,
but I *think* it's more for touch screens and cellphone/PDA type
stuff?  Can anybody using it comment on the differences as I've looked
at the project pages and I'm still not clear.

Thanks
Brian