Ubuntu / HP Thin Clients / LTSP

CLIFFORD ILKAY clifford_ilkay at dinamis.com
Thu Nov 13 18:32:07 UTC 2008

Bernardo Hicks wrote:
> Ok.  I have successfully downloaded and installed edubuntu. I ran
> ltsp-manager in terminal.  Is this all i am suppose to do to get my thin
> clients up and running?  Is there a more in depth guide on how to use LTSP?

You don't necessarily have to use Edubuntu. The Ubuntu alternate CD has
an option to install an LTSP server. At the end of the installation, if
I recall, it will create the necessary configuration for your thin
clients to be able to boot. You can run whatever desktop or windowing
manager you want. You don't necessarily have to run Gnome. I'm running
KDE via LTSP with no problems.
--
Regards,

Clifford Ilkay