Need help setting up OCR scanning with HP F2110 ScanJet

John Botscharow info at jbotscharow.com
Wed Nov 12 14:14:35 UTC 2008

Because of vision issues, I used wite text on black background. I also,
for the same reason, need to be able to scan lots of printed texts -
books, magaize articles. I am currently using 8.04 on an HP Pavilioh
with lots of RAM, a 2.1 GHx AMD triple core processor and a 500 Gig HD,
sp space and power is not an issue. I have an HP F2110 ScanJet hooked to
this machine and it scans pics perfectly, but have real problems doing
OCR scanning. The onts don't work right I installed gocr but still have
problems I tried doing the scans as PDF files, but they come out black
text on white background which is very hard on my eyes. I installed the
medibuntu repository and installed acroread, which has preferences to
allow changing the color scheme, but that program says it cannot do that
with my scans. Any help in resolving this problem would be greatly
appreciated. I am willing to exchange telephone numbers with anyone in
the USA that can help, if that would make things easier.

Thanks!

John Botscharow