MMS Stream

Ulf Rompe Ulf.Rompe at icem.com
Mon Nov 10 05:41:34 UTC 2008

Am Freitag, den 07.11.2008, 11:40 +0100 schrieb Sebastian Löhr:
> I use ubuntu 8.04 but the problem also exist on 8.10.
> A detailed overview of this problem can be found at
> "http://forum.ubuntuusers.de/topic/mms:-funktioniert-nach-update-auf-8.10-nicht-/?highlight=mms+stream#post-1662142".

Using Intrepid, I can use Totem to listen to the radioromantic link you
posted over there ( mms://86.35.14.20/radioromantic ) without any
problem.

Had no luck with the other links, they all fail with:

** Message: Error: Could not connect to this stream

...which may just be verbalized as "404".
An exception is mms://81.196.221.89:8080 - Totem is going to die for it:

** Message: no file info
Segmentation fault

That's ugly and worth a bug report (if there isn't any yet). Even if the
stream is invalid, segfaulting is not an option. However, I happen to be
able to open this stream with xine, so it can't be all broken.

[x] ulf
--
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where
a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station...