Compaq Pesario CQ50-139WM

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Sat Nov 8 18:26:24 UTC 2008

Karl Larsen wrote:
>     I bought the subject lap top this morning and of course it has Vista
> Basic on it. At any Wal Mart they are on sale for $298.00 plus tax. I am
> letting Vista get updated and then will load Hardy.
>
>     It's a real good looking lap top.
>

> Karl

    I am having trouble loading any Linux on the subject lap top. I
tried 2 LiveCD of Hardy and they error out to Busybox always. I tried
the 8.10 LiveCD and it comes up fine but I'm having a problem. Here is
what it looks like to GParted:

/dev/sda1    ntfs          139.71 GB  using 20.54 GB UNused 119.17
/dev/sda2    ntfs    label PRESARIO_RP 9.34 GB using 7.64
Unallocated   1.34 MB

    Need to get some of /dev/sda1, like 100 GB moved to Unallocated but
it has an error every time I try to Resize/Move /dev/sda1. What am I
doing wrong?

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI