Sound for Intrepid

Mario Vukelic mario.vukelic at dantian.org
Sat Nov 8 12:29:56 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-11-08 at 07:16 -0500, Paul Kaplan wrote:
> I had a machine that lacked sound for some users.  Turns out that no
> user was a member of the audio group.

That would be the pulse* group(s)? I once read somewhere during the
alpha/beta phase of 8.04 (Hardy), when pulse was newly integrated, that
this was needed. But ...

> Adding everyone solved the problem.

... on my Hardy install, which was upgraded to Intrepid during beta, no
user is part of the pulse* groups (not even the initial user that was
created by the installer) and they all have sound nevertheless. Weird.
It's certainly worth a try for Larry.