seems the upgrade from 8.04 failed!!!

Kjetil Halvorsen kjetil1001 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 16:45:26 UTC 2008

Hola!

I thought I had upgraded to 8.10, but something must have failed
(I used "safe-upgrade" not "full-update") My system looks suspiciously
similar to 8.04.
Now I did:

kjetil at familien:~/R$ uname -o
GNU/Linux
kjetil at familien:~/R$ lsb_release --all
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID:	Ubuntu
Release:	8.04
Codename:	hardy

Then I did:

kjetil at familien:~/R$ gksu "update-manager -c"

(all of this is done within emacs shell)

which basically says there is nothing to do!!!

So what can I do to get to intrepid?

Thanks,

Kjetil halvorsen

--
"Perhaps there is no such thing as unilateral power. After all, the
man 'in power' depends on receiving information all the time from