HELP PLEASE

Mario Frechette mario at technicite.ca
Tue Nov 4 04:24:01 UTC 2008

Tristam Riordan a écrit :
> hi
>
> ive just installed ubuntu linux server 8.04LTS
> it has no desktop, just scripting so i am very unfamiliar to it, i
> would really appreciate it if someone could help me with a few questions
>
> i have ubuntu 8.04 LTS desktop edition on a second pc both pcs are
> connected via LAN i would like to set it up so i can log onto the
> server via the lan and be able to be admin and install programs set it
> up using a desktop. is that possible
>
> then
>
> i dont know it ive missed it or what but is there any chance of
> getting a desktop on the server?
>
> i know these are very stupid questions but its totally foreign to me
> and would really appreciate it.
>
> thanks
>
> tristam r
Heum ...

Just an idea never needed it ..

maybe install

v   gnome-desktop
-
p   gnome-desktop-data              - Common files for GNOME 2 desktop
apps
p   gnome-desktop-environment       - The GNOME Desktop Environment

in a terminal   as root

type "aptitude install
gnome-desktop;gnome-desktop-data;gnome-desktop-environment"

or seperately

good luck !