dpkg: error while apt-get upgrade

dave selby dave6502 at googlemail.com
Sat Nov 1 09:34:52 UTC 2008

2008/11/1 Mario Vukelic <mario.vukelic at dantian.org>:
> On Sat, 2008-11-01 at 08:18 +0000, dave selby wrote:
>> I was about to do an upgrade from 8.04 to 8.10, I did an update and it
>> failed. I dropped to the command line and this is what I am getting.
>>

>> dave at main-system:~$ sudo apt-get upgrade
>
> Sorry for being blunt, but are doing it all wrong. You should read the
> release notes [1] and, even more importantly, the upgrade instructions
> [2]

No problem. Sorry it is me not explaining myself very clearly. I am
running 8.04 OK but when trying to do routine updates for bug fixes
etc I have hit a problem with a package that has got stuck in my
system.

I want to dist-upgrade to 8.10 but am concerned that this issue with
my current 8.04 may throw a spanner in the works so I am trying to
resolve it first.

In a nutshell I have a stuck package in 8.04

Cheers

Dave