Panel lost in KDE4

pkaplan1 at pkaplan1 at
Sat Nov 1 02:53:18 UTC 2008

Simplest solution if you haven't done any/much customization is to rename ~/.kde and then login again. The directory will get rebuilt to the default settings.

The second approach is to drag the necessary widgets from the Add Widget dialog to the panel.

Task Bar
Trash Can ?

Try adding/removing others to see what suits. You can move them around while in config panel mode by clicking and dragging the widget icon.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ed Jabbour" <ejbr at>
To: "Ubuntu user technical support, not for general discussions" <ubuntu-users at>
Sent: Friday, October 31, 2008 7:24:54 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: Panel lost in KDE4

I installed intrepid and, of course got KDE4. Somehow, I managed to lose the
panel. Now, if I "Add Panel," I get an empty panel at the top of the
screen. "Add Widget" gets me nothing - still empty. How do I get a normal,
populated panel back?

ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users at
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: