ip address on lan getting hijacked

Brendan Strunk bwstrunk at hotmail.com
Sat May 31 05:18:51 UTC 2008

Secure your network I've had that problem before and I had comcast our internet service come out and they fixed it> Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 23:21:02 -0400> From: ubuntu at tigershaunt.com> To: ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com> Subject: Re: ip address on lan getting hijacked> > chris dunn wrote:> > My home lan is set up based upon a Linksys wireless access point and router > > which has an address of 192.168.1.1. My main work station is set with a > > static ip address of 192.168.1.2, (in /etc/network/interfaces) and I use > > other work stations to access this machine via nxclient and nxserver (running > > on 192.168.1.2).> > > > All works well until 9.30 a.m. every morning when 192.168.1.2 is taken down > > and reset to 192.168.1.100, apparently by dhclient accessing the dhcp server > > running on the wap. Any nxclient connections crash as the nxserver ip address > > has changed.> > > > First of all, your logs indicate that eth0 has the address of> 192.168.1.2 Is your station connected to your Linksys router with Wired> or wireless?> > As someone already mentioned, since this happens the same time every> day, it must be something in your Cron jobs. Why you would have a cron> job that calls dhclient is very very strange, but the answer must be there.> > > > -- > ubuntu-users mailing list> ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com> Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users