ip address on lan getting hijacked

Rashkae ubuntu at tigershaunt.com
Sat May 31 03:21:02 UTC 2008

chris dunn wrote:
> My home lan is set up based upon a Linksys wireless access point and router
> which has an address of 192.168.1.1. My main work station is set with a
> static ip address of 192.168.1.2, (in /etc/network/interfaces) and I use
> other work stations to access this machine via nxclient and nxserver (running
> on 192.168.1.2).
>
> All works well until 9.30 a.m. every morning when 192.168.1.2 is taken down
> and reset to 192.168.1.100, apparently by dhclient accessing the dhcp server
> running on the wap. Any nxclient connections crash as the nxserver ip address
> has changed.

First of all, your logs indicate that eth0 has the address of
192.168.1.2  Is your station connected to your Linksys router with Wired
or wireless?

As someone already mentioned, since this happens the same time every
day, it must be something in your Cron jobs.  Why you would have a cron
job that calls dhclient is very very strange, but the answer must be there.