Ubuntu freezes randomly

Carl Friis-Hansen ubuntuuser at carl-fh.com
Tue May 27 05:51:54 UTC 2008

Pat Brown wrote:
> I haven't actually configured the wireless card, since nothing I've done
> seems to work, so right now I'm sticking to a wired connection.
<-- Snip --<
I have a feeling that this *is* related to network activity though. I
started out with the same thoughts of interactivity and RAM usage. Later
I gave the graphics card the blame. Finally I discovered this common
factor, that the heavier the traffic on the network the faster you would
have the big freeze.
In your case, networking is not over wireless - hmm :-|  Could it be
that the wireless just needs to be there? Because both my freezing
machines worked flawlessly when I removed the wireless and used the
remaining wired. On the other hand: You installed the backport and that
didn't help  :-(

--
| Carl Friis-Hansen             | Fiskeryd Nybygget |  \  /  |