Ubuntu 8.04 update manager, add/remove, sources manager not working

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Sun May 25 00:27:00 UTC 2008

On 05/24/2008 01:59 PM, semaj3000 wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am running ubuntu 8.04 and I am unable to open sources manager. I am able
> to open update manager but clicking the check or install button (there are
> some updates available) changes the icon to the waiting icon(like hourglass
> equivalent in windows) and does that for a long time. If I use add remove I
> can search for files but if I check an item to install OR uncheck ot remove
> and click install it will hang.

There is a bug opened on this issue. I find it primarily on any system
that I have with limited memory. I have 2 laptops with only 128MB memory
& it happens on both. However I don't have the problem on my desktops
that have 7xMB to 1GB of memory. The bug is:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gksu/+bug/187982