Command Line

Mario Vukelic mario.vukelic at dantian.org
Tue May 20 17:55:34 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-05-20 at 18:35 +0100, Chris Hallsworth wrote:
> Hi all, I'm sorry for the vague subject line, but I keep hearing things like
> /autogen.sh and stuff that sounds like Jibberish to me.

Be aware that none of this is required in regular, mainstream operation
of the system. Many kinds of users hang out on this list and ask
questions, and some of them want to learn how to program, compile
applications, and to even more arcane things.

> Using Ubuntu 8.04,
> where can I find out all these commands?

Can I just refer you to this post of mine if you want to become a Linux
expert?
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-users/2008-April/144432.html

> Are there any resources on the web?

Cute question ;)