/etc/default/acpi-support still supported?

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Tue May 20 01:03:19 UTC 2008

Oliver Grawert wrote:

> hi,
> Am Dienstag, den 13.05.2008, 15:21 -0400 schrieb David Abrahams:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm trying to sort out workarounds for suspend/resume problems, and I
>> need someone to explain the relationship between the old /etc/acpi/*.d/
>> stuff and /etc/pm/*.d
> as stated in other threads already, the acpi-support scripts are
> obsolete, use /etc/pm/*

That wasn't very helpful.

I, too, rely on /etc/acpi/ and have made a number of mods over the years.
So the question remains, _what_ is the relationship between the /etc/pm/*
scripts and acpi-support.  iirc, you yourself said that acpi-support was
_deprecated_ (that is NOT the same as obsolete) and for the meantime being
invoked from pm.  If that's true, how is it happening?
--
derek