/etc/default/acpi-support still supported?

Xurxo Fernandez xurxo13 at gmail.com
Fri May 23 18:37:15 UTC 2008

2008-05-19 (月) の 22:03 -0300 に Derek Broughton さんは書きました:
> Oliver Grawert wrote:
>
> > hi,
> > Am Dienstag, den 13.05.2008, 15:21 -0400 schrieb David Abrahams:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I'm trying to sort out workarounds for suspend/resume problems, and I
> >> need someone to explain the relationship between the old /etc/acpi/*.d/
> >> stuff and /etc/pm/*.d
> > as stated in other threads already, the acpi-support scripts are
> > obsolete, use /etc/pm/*
>
> That wasn't very helpful.
>
> I, too, rely on /etc/acpi/ and have made a number of mods over the years.
> So the question remains, _what_ is the relationship between the /etc/pm/*
> scripts and acpi-support.  iirc, you yourself said that acpi-support was
> _deprecated_ (that is NOT the same as obsolete) and for the meantime being
> invoked from pm.  If that's true, how is it happening?
> --
> derek

AFAIK pm has its own scripts (try pm-suspend from the terminal).
I also found this:
http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Pm-utils#Restarting_the_mouse
"On some laptops the mouse will hang after an otherwise successful
suspend. One way to remedy this is to force a reinit of the PS/2 driver
(here i8042) through a hook in /etc/pm/hooks"

#!/bin/sh
echo -n "i8042" > /sys/bus/platform/drivers/i8042/unbind
echo -n "i8042" > /sys/bus/platform/drivers/i8042/bind

I tried it but it didn't work for me so I'm gonna reinstall Gutsy and hope that this bug would be solved by 8.10.
BTW I tried placing the scripts in /etc/pm/hooks, power.d, sleep.d and even hooks.d and keyboard still fails to resume sometimes.