Why so big?

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Sun May 18 20:38:16 UTC 2008

On 05/17/2008 08:31 AM, Karl Larsen wrote:

>         The Disk Usage Analyser shows in Scan Filesystem that the root
> directroy of my 7.10 Ubuntu has a total of 18.6 GB of space. It shows
> that the partitions at /f7home is 9.8 GB and the one at /home is 6.2 GB.
> If you subtract home and f7home you get 2.6GB of space for the rest of
> the system. This is wrong.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/baobab/+bug/121168

Note:
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/baobab/+bug/121168/comments/5>
<quote>
Not a bug: in preferences, we can choose if gvfs is included in the stat
or not. If we don't check the case, baobab show correctly the stats.
</quote>

This confused me as well. I wonder why they don't set gvfs off as the
default.