can't seem to get openssh-*

Thilo Six T.Six at gmx.de
Tue May 13 17:56:07 UTC 2008

Karl Auer wrote the following on 13.05.2008 18:14

> Hi there.
>
> Tried to upgrade openssh using apt-get. It installed various libs and
> bits, but did not install upgraded openssh-client or openssh-server
> packages, saying they had been "held back".
>
> What exactly causes this? How do I get the upgraded versions to install?
> I'm running feisty.
>
> Someone on IRC suggested "apt-get install -f", but I'd like to know if
> that "held back" message actually means something important before I
> override apt-get's good judgement.
>
> Regards, K.

I have installed those updates (although in hardy) without trouble.
How did you issue "apt-get" exactly?
What is the full output when you are running it?
Do you have manually edited 'pinning rules'?
What is in your sources.list?

--
bye Thilo

key: 0x4A411E09