more than one distro

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Tue May 13 12:14:07 UTC 2008

mike wrote:

    Please read what you wrote again. First you wrote that the BIOS is
the problem and I think that is correct at least in my case. The MS's
made to support both IDE and SATA hard drives do a poor job of things.

    Then you wrote that Ubuntu is bad. I really think that is stupid
since the operating system doesn't set which hard drive is first. This
IS a BIOS function. I have exactly the problem your talking about and
you must look at what the system looks like with neither hard drive
active. I do that from a liveCD and that is what grub works with.

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User