Debian or Ubuntu?

PEDRO MACANAS VALVERDE macanas_ped at gva.es
Mon May 12 06:37:45 UTC 2008

De: ubuntu-users-bounces at lists.ubuntu.com en nombre de Kitchen
Enviado el: vie 09/05/2008 18:32
Para: ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com
Asunto: Debian or Ubuntu?

>I've been lurking on the list for a while, but haven't posted before.
We're looking at upgrading our co-lo web server which is now running
Debian Sarge. Some people we know have suggested we take a look at
Ubuntu, which is based on Debian. Is there anywhere a balanced
overview of the pros and cons of using Debian or Ubuntu?

>I'd appreciate any URLs or your own thoughts. Thanks.

Ubuntu is easier to install and user and has better support (it can use the Debian support and own support, including OEM support).

Regards.