[SeaMonkey] Hints on copying profile/emails/news etc

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Mon May 12 06:31:49 UTC 2008

On 05/11/2008 09:16 PM, Felipe Figueiredo wrote:
> On Sun, May 11, 2008 at 8:30 PM, NoOp <glgxg at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
>>    o use an editor to open prefs.js and do a mass replace of
>>  /home/<oldusername>/.mozilla to /home/<newusername>/.mozilla
>
> how about just this?
>
> sed -i 's/oldusername/newusername/g' prefs.js
>

> I bet if you automate the three mass substitutions you'll drop your 30
> minutes time by some minutos ;)
>
> regards
> FF

Thanks, I wasn't aware of that comand :-)

The bulk of the 30 min I referred to is tar'ing up the 1GB (my .mozilla
directory), transfering it over to the other computer, untarring, etc.
The edits generally only take a moment or two. But I like the command
line info & will give it a shot - thank again.