I need some advice on BIG external storage units

SYNass IT Ubuntu / Linux i-ubux at synass.net
Sat May 10 23:50:42 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-05-10 at 14:37 +0200, Tom Rausner wrote:
> fre, 09 05 2008 kl. 23:59 +0200, skrev Peter Frenning [OZ1PIF]:
>
> > Not a problem with mine....
> > BTW: I normally format them NTFS, that generally works with every system
> > I've thrown them at, while ext3 or other *nix/*nux filesystems aren't
> > recognized by Windoze...
>
> Thanx Peter. For a moment I thoughed my USB-idea was shoot down..
>
> Tom

Hi,
Beside of the connections (USB, Ethernet) one needs to have an eye to
the access method:

FTP, NFS & Samba !

I do have 2 smaller external units with all these except NFS:
http://www.hotway.com.tw/products/hd9.htm

One supposed to be shared storage connected by Ethernet to the
Modem-Router-AP and
the second one is more for emergency support with direct USB
connection !!

I had to learn that my units do not provide NFS ...
... I will and would also check for that for my next step !!! ;-)

Good luck & cheers, svobi