Ubuntu to Notebook HP

Marcelino Quintanilha marquin at globo.com
Sun May 4 01:55:07 UTC 2008

Dears Sears,

I Have a note book HP Pavilion DV6445us with two partitions.
On the first one partition  is instaled the OS Win XP prof and in the
second one partition is instaled Win Vista Home Premiun Portuguese.
I Would like to install the Ubuntu in another HD USB 2.0 case ext. And
boot by setup. In this way the Ubuntú instalation wound not affect the
OS's that are instaled. Another way woul be using a third lógic
partition that is used to back up my files.

Could someone tell me what kind of Ubuntu (in portuguese) I woul have to
download and where download the Ubuntu that coul run in my note book?
The Note book Pavillion 6445 us has the following configuration:
Microprocessor = AMD Turion 64 x2 - TL-56 1.80 Ghz, 2048 Mb in two
memory ram  Dimm dual chanel 1 Gb whith one.
-NVIDIA Driver=  Ge Force 6150 Go, motherboard= Quanta 30 B7 65.2B.

I would like to tell you that I hava already tried to install Ubuntu
7.04 to desktops with processors X64 but I did not have succes.

In the begining of the boot the instalation stop in - "setting the
system clock". Or then a scrren without image appear.

If someone coul help me I will be very glad.

Thanks for the attemption.

Best Regards.

Marcelino Quintanilha - marquinsan at globo.com - Brasil.